As Eid was approaching, we planned to clean the pantry before the Eid day. I found a bottle full of rose syrup ( my younger one, she loves indulging into chilled rose sharbat to deal with the notorious summer noon, so she won't allow the rose syrup to go out of stock ) and a can of rose petal jam (Gulkand). Gulkand or rose petal jam is a sweet Indian delicacy. It is easy to prepare and is listed under the best Ayurvedic medicines for its enormous health benefits. Consuming 1 - 2 teaspoons of gulkand helps to reduce acidity and stomach heat. It is an ideal ingredient to beat the summer heat. Having all these ingredients in my hand, the immediate recipe that came in my mind was Rose pistachio rice pudding .
Rose Pistachio rice pudding is a perfect fusion of taste and aroma, which can be made without putting in much efforts. Amaze your guests and earn the overwhelmed reaction instantly witnessed on their faces. It can be served in summer dinner parties or to make any occasion special. Beautifully garnished with rose syrup and some pitachio nuts , the pudding was hit as we celebrated Eid ul Adha. I had to literraly save some for me , so I could relish it the next day !!
Rose Pistachio Rice Pudding
- Course :
- Servings :
- Description :
Creamy , Nutty and Aromatic rice pudding
- 2 liter milk (I have used powdered milk to get more creamy texture)
- 1/2 cup rice ( soaked in water for 40 min.)
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup thick cream
- 4 tbsp Gulkand (rose petal jam)
- 2 tbsp Rooh Afza (Rose Syrup)
- 1tsp rose water
- 1tsp cardamom powder
- 1tsp fennel powder
- Sugar if needed
- for Garnishing :
- pistachio chopped
- almonds chopped
- Few drops of Rooh Afza (rose syrup ) and fresh rose petals.
- Drain water from the soaked rice completely and grind rice in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- In a saucepan , bring the milk to boil . Once the milk starts boiling, reduce the flame to low and add the grounded rice paste.
- Cook stirring rice continuously on medium flame, until the milk thickens like a porridge and rice paste is fully cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked completely and it is a porridge consistency, add condensed milk and thick cream.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool , add rest of the ingredients .
- Refrigerate Rose pistachio pudding for 3-4 hours or until well chilled.
- Serve it with garnished nuts , rose petals and drizzle of Rooh Afza (Rose Syrup )
This creamy and luscious rice pudding served in an earthen pot is more of a comfort food to me rather than a dessert, earthen bowls soak excess liquid and give the pudding real creamy texture. Try the recipe and let me know how this dish turns .
Enjoy and Happy Feasting !!
Stay conncted with my food updates on Instagram and Facebook.