Tangy Aloo Taco is delicious and easy vegetarian taco recipe which you can easily make on any day. Tacos are traditional Mexican dish, which can be made using various fillings. It is one of popular Mexican street food .
Tacos are such a versatile food that anyone can make their own personalized version and experiment with different fillings. Potato is all time favorite veggie, and I tried it filling with crispy tacos ,boiled baby potatoes seasoned with some fennel seeds and orange juice with some fresh rosemary ,tossed in some tangy sauce , filled it in crispy hard taco shell topped with hung curd and other frills. The recipe is simple and healthy too. Complete Fusion of Indian chatpata Aloo to Mexican Tacos .
The tangy potato filling reminds me my childhood days when we used to relish it as a chaat with some raw onion , green chutney and fresh coriander on top.Till now its the same I love having these potatoes to eat it in chaat or eat like that and now my recent fav with crispy tacos . Why I always, and always start walking the streets of my childhood with everything I cook, I will never know. There is fierce need for me to hold on to the past, to the people and the environment whom I will never see again.Silently I swim in memories, lavishly trying to recreate and also thread the “now” with “then”. I would probably never know this, what remained etched in my deep subconscious, if I had not started giving words to my thoughts.
These Crispy Potato Tacos are really easy to make because there’s just one main ingredient. And, when there are very few ingredients in a recipe you gotta make them good !!
Tangy Aloo Tacos
- Course :
- Servings :
- Description :
- 5 Taco Shells
- 10 Baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp crushed Fennel seeds
- Some Fresh rosemary (optional)
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- To serve
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- To make potato filling
- Boil baby potatoes peel it ,Season it with orange juice, fennel seeds ,rosemary and salt. keep potatoes soaked in this mixture for a while.
- sprinkle all purpose flour evenly on potatoes and toss it well so all potatoes get coated well with it.
- Take oil in a pan and shallow fry this battered potato until golden brown and crispy
- In a bowl mix ketchup with chili garlic sauce and olive oil.
- Next toss this fried potatoes in the sauce.
- To Assemble tacos
- Take a taco shell, first tangy potato filling followed with hung curd top it up with pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
- Serve the tacos immediately with some green chatuney.
Happy Cooking !!
Stay Connected with my food updates on Instagram and Facebook.
Thanks for taking the time to read the post.