What’s the best thing about summer? Certainly, mangoes! Juicy, sweet and absolutely divine, this king of fruits is much loved and most looked forward to. Juicy Alphonso is all over in the market these days. There are already umpteen dessert recipes that can be made out of these mighty mangoes. Mango mousse, mango rabri, mango shrikhand, mango cheesecake, mango kheer and the list goes on.
While thinking of creating something new, I remember baking Apple Crisp for some guests a few weeks ago, so the moment I saw these heavenly mangoes, I decided to try Mango Crumble. I made just a plateful of it and wasn’t very sure with it’s texture but it was a super hit, my family loved it so much that I could only have a little while they polished off the whole plate.
A mango crumble, gives you all the wonderful flavors of a mango pie, but with much less prep work. The easy crumble topping takes the place of a more time-consuming pastry crust. There's no rolling or chilling; all you have to do is combine the ingredients, mix, and sprinkle the crumbs over the mangoes.
- Course :
- Servings :
- Description :
Easy Mango crumble
- 2 Alphonso mangoes sliced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- For Topping
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole oats or oat meal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place sliced mango in baking dish and sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top of it. (optional: my gild loves cinnamon flavor, you can skip it if you don’t like the flavor)
- For the crumble
- Put the flour into a large mixing bowl, add sugar, baking powder, salt, oats and mix it. Now rub the butter in with your fingertips. You want the ingredients to start to hold together, but will still break apart.
- Sprinkle this prepared crumbs over slices mangoes.
- Bake it for 20 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold with vanilla ice cream.
It is perfect for entertaining family potlucks. It will also be perfect to beat the heat during summer! Try it!
Follow me @mealswithmemories on Instagram and Facebook, to check all my foodie updates, restaurant reviews, product reviews and much more!!