Homemade cheesecake is the delicious and impressive dessert. To top it up if it is an Oreo cheesecake, the name itself is so tempting, it's almost impossible to resist a slice.
To make a cheese cake is never easy and with cookies it makes it more difficult, after several attempts, I could get the right texture which is the most vital of any cheesecake along with the taste. "I can" is my motto and to extend it to you would be "you can as well".
A cheesecake is one of those desserts which can be an end to any meal. It is just creamy at the top with the right flavored cheese in the middle and a cookie crust base at the bottom. The softness of the cream and the crunchiness of the cookies makes the dessert feels like a pure bliss.
My expertise on the desserts is praised by many, but among the desserts my own preferred dessert is definitely this Oreo cheesecake. My perfected recipe follows.
- Course :
- Servings :
- Description :
Cookies and Cream filled Oreo Cheesecake
- 600g cream cheese, softened to room temperature (I used mascarpone, you can use regular cream cheese)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup yogurt (regular)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 large egg+1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 16 broken Oreos
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark choc or semisweet choc chips
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
2 cups whipped cream
- Place a 9-inch springform pan in the center of a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil, Carefully wrap foil around sides of cheesecake pan (so water won’t leak from water bath), spray inside of pan with nonstick spray.
- Place the cookies in the bowl of food processor and process until fine.
- Drizzle in the melted butter and toss together until combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom in the prepared pan, and bake it for 10min in preheated oven at 180 degrees.
- Once done, let it cool and meanwhile prepare cheesecake filling.
- Using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar until creamy and well-combined.
- Stir in yogurt and vanilla extract
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring until just combined after each addition.
- Crush Oreos and gently fold in using a spatula.
- Pour evenly into pan over Oreo crust.
- Place the springform pan into a large roasting pan and place in the oven. Fill the roasting pan up with hot water until the water level comes about halfway up the outside of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 60 minutes. Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake rest in the heated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To prepare chocolate ganache combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Make a thick whipped cream layer over cheesecake.
- Pour evenly over the cheesecake, allow it to set.
- Sprinkle with broken Oreo cookie pieces and serve chilled.
- Cover the cheesecake and store in refrigerator up to 4 days.
It's a quite beautiful dessert, isn't it? Grab the fork and dig right in!!
Follow me @mealswithmemories on Instagram and Facebook, to check all my foodie updates, restaurant reviews, product reviews and much more!!