"Mom, are you sure that this is going to be our lunch?” she asked, while I was busy cooking Cauliflower Paneer gravvy. The summer break in their school is still on and a month more to go, so they’re completely into a late morning routine and getting up with the expectation of a special lunch treat. That would remind me of my old days, summer vacation used to be great fun. Visiting cousins and Inviting friends, playing out all day, chasing butterflies, plucking flowers, visiting gardens and watching movies. Oh how I wish to go back and relive those days.
Back to the Lunch treat, I know Cauliflower and Treat don't go hand in hand, so what? Moms can create magic and make anything boring into something happening. I used my magic wand and my Cauliflower Paneer was a super hit.
Cauliflower Paneer Gravvy
- Course :
- Servings :
- Description :
Cauliflower with Paneer , spicy and flavorful dish .
- 1 small Cauliflower , cut into small florets .
- 150grms Paneer (Crumble it with your hand )
- One medium size onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1tsp red chili powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 1tsp garam masala
- 1tsp whole cumin
- 2tbsp oil
- Fill a wok or a deep sauce pan with oil and place over a high heat. When oil is hot , add the cumin seeds . They will sizzle and turn into brown .
- After 1min, add onions and cook , stirring for 5 minutes or until the onions is translucent .
- Add chopped tomatoes, cook it for 3-4min and add salt and dry spices into it and mix well.
- Now add Cauliflower florets, Cook it and mix it for 5 min. Add some water, Stir and bring it to simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low. Place a lead over the pan and leave it to cook for 15mints. Checking and stirring periodically.
- Add the Crumble Paneer and garam masala and stir . Cook for another 5-7mins then remove from the heat.
- Serve hot , accompanied by rice or Indian flatbreads.
With simple ingredients and ready in no time, this semi dry gravy is full of flavors
Happy Cooking !!
Stay conncted with my food updates on Instagram and Facebook.